They say "what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger" who actually said that? Were they also trying to lose a massive amount of weight? Did this person also go on a low carb diet too?
Because to be truthfully honest. .....I don't think I'm getting stronger and yes its killing me! !!
I have an addiction. .... my addiction is food. I love food. ... All food. ... yummy food. .... fried food. ... sweets. I just love it all.
I can't lie and say that I stay on my diet "no matter what"! I don't. Sometimes I have to just listen to my body and when it wants something hearty to eat. .. why not. I've worked my body to the core the whole week. .. why not a reward?
Now here's the thing, you can have a reward and enjoy something you've missed all week. .... but it comes down to portion control, portion control, portion control........
My mind agrees, my tummy, well not so much.
Yesterday I FAILED! !!
It happens. .... did I totally regret? Yes. Did I think I messed up my entire diet? YES! !!!! Did I think I'll have to workout longer and harder the next day? Double yes! !!!!
But in reality it did the total opposite. I think my body needed those extra calories. ..did it need those extra 4 oatmeal cookies I snacked on throughout the day....definitely not. By the time I got the bed I actually felt sick. ....I was just so full. I didn't binge eat. That's the difference. ...I just over ate.
I ate healthy. ..well somewhat...cant count those cookies as healthy but I did eat right.
Just too much!
Over the last 4.5 months I've been trying really hard to not just lose weight but also to change my eating habits. Most of the time. ... I've done really well.... the other times not so great.
I have read about all those conventional diets, calorie shifting, no carbs, no protein, or lots of protine. What I'm still learning is I need to listen to my body. I really need to pay attention to how I'm feeling and what foods agree with me now and the ones that don't.
I've found that for me, too many carbs make me really tired. Like someone put a sleeping pill inside and I need to just sleep.
I've also found out that working out in the mornings make me feel better and I work out harder.
I've also learned I need a ton of water daily! A ton......I feel dehydrated if I don't drink enough! Again that sleepy feeling comes knocking at my door.
I also feel very content having most of my 1500 calories allotted to me for the day to eat most of them at lunch. That's when I feel the most hungry.
These are things I've learned about myself. For the record is not a conventional diet!
But it works for me. Yesterday I thought I failed! Was feeling really down. But this morning I got up. ..looked at the scale, deciding if I should step on it to just "check" the damage. Instead I got my gym gear on and went to the gym and busted my butt doing 25klm on the bike. Lifting weights like crazy. Instead of doing 30 crunches I did 40..... was I a bit insane today? Yes a little? Did I over do it? Nope! Was feeling amazing. .
Came home made some pasta for lunch. Felt content with my meal. Had a shower then decided to check my weight!
Normally I do this first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom. But today was different.
But before I tell you what that scale said. I made a goal to lose 4kgs by my birthday next Wednesday, for which I had 12 days to do so. I know. ..4kgs in 12 days is crazy. ... crazy yes. .. but totally possible.
I just had to tweak my workout routine and eating to achieve those goals. Im not hungry nor I'm I extremely tired.
So I got on the scale and would you know it. .. not only did I reach my goal of 4kgs 5 days early. .. but I also lost an extra 1kg!!!! Total of 5kgs in 7 days!
I know most who will read this and say " it's too much weight to lose in a sort span on time"! Maybe???? But I'm very overweight and my bmi is well over 40 plus my Fat Index is over 70% so this is not abnormal. .... it's totally fine!
I'm totally fine and I'm feeling awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment